Monday, January 30, 2017

GSW Homecoming 2017


Well folks, it's here. The one week out of the year its socially acceptable to lose your mind everyday from partying in the name of your school's pride. A young alcoholic's paradise. A chance for old friends to reconnect for a weekend to reminisce, relive, and revisit their old stomping grounds. A high school reunion on steroids. Enter GSW Homecoming.

Can someone please tell me what the hell I was doing with my hands. 

As a young alumni I've definitely peeped the growth my school has experienced over the years. So what better way to celebrate that with what looks to be a promising week full of unforgettable memories, missed discussion assignments, and amusingly poor decision making. At a school where everybody knows everybody, our homecoming experience is uniquely different than most despite our small but growing size.  Fake love, squashed beef, random hook ups, not so random hook ups, spontaneous pregames, and unread text messages are just but a snippet of events that's sure to transpire this week. GSW Homecoming grants you the rare opportunity to walk past your ex, your former friend, and your current crush all in one go. This week will surely be deserving of every popcorn munching meme that's ever been generated on the internet.

eating michael jackson thriller popcorn michael jackson eating popcorn


In all seriousness though it really feels as if there's a different kind of hype surrounding this year's homecoming. From what I've read and what I've been told there's a general consensus of real positive excitement that's being echoed by students and alumni alike. "Fun" operates under the laws of perception so let's make that perception a reality this time.

I really have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be getting into. I'm a dice roller so I usually don't have a road map for these sort of things. I'll just let vibes guide my steps. If you spot me out and about, flag me down, don't be shy. Let's have a conversation(and a drink). From the 7PM pregame to the 3AM Waffle House layover, here's to good times, better memories, and safe travels.

Image result for alcohol shot leonardo dicaprio movie

Ohhhhhh and one more thing, to anyone out there who might be bringing bad vibes and negativity along for the ride and aren't really sure if they should come I have a bit of advice I'd like to share with you today...


Image result for dont bryson tiller meme



No comments:

Post a Comment